If you are a mum in the career line, it is easy to get left behind if you are not intentional about your career growth amidst all the motherhood buhaha ☺️.
Here are 8 strategies you can implement to make sure your career growth isn’t stunted as you juggle it with motherhood. Remember not to be too hard on yourself though ❤️❤️❤️
Have more tips? Pls share and don’t forget to share with a mum that needs this.
1. Build a personal board of directors for your career
This should consist of
- A mentor: The best mentors are often senior women that you establish a relationship with and then they end up being a sounding board for you.
- A sponsor or referee
- A role model, who you choose to emulate
2. Always have a current resume
Learn how to write a resume that will make you competitive in today’s market or use a professional resume builder
3. Have “a growth mindset” & Never Stop Learning
- No matter the area of life in which you hope to improve, a growth mindset will open the doors to get you there.
- the most successful people not only love learning, they never stop learning
4. Develop a strong personal brand and be visible
- A strong personal brand and reputation can put you on the radar for exciting career opportunities.
- Speak up in meetings, Strengthen your relationship with your boss., Ask for high-visibility projects, Volunteer to represent your team, Participate in learning opportunities, Demonstrate your expertise, Grow your network.
5. Learn to communicate effectively & Improve your interpersonal skills
- Provide clear information. …
- Refrain from gossip
- Practice active listening
- Ask questions
- Handle conflicts with diplomacy.
- Show a real interest in your colleagues
6. Create, Ask for, Seize opportunities and take initiatives. Ask For Feedback
- Ask your boss, colleagues, junior staff and clients for feedback
- Stay flexible
- Be proactive
- Envision new opportunities.
- Ask for opportunities & Be ready to take them on.
7. Notice how you spend your time & Plan your career
- Create a Master Schedule & Start Using a Planner
- Prioritize and Set Realistic Goals
- Intentionally Create Space for Work and Family
- Be very specific when drafting your career plan with clearly defined ways of achieving your dreams as well as realistic deadlines for accomplishing them
8. Build your professional network
- Utilize business travels, meetings, events wisely
- Network online, LinkedIn is a great platform to leverage on, Create/Update your LinkedIn Profile & join groups
- Use parenting groups as networking opportunities
- Join Professional Women’s Associations
Have more tips? Feel Free To Share in the comment