Meal Prep & Food Storage For Busy Moms (By Adebola Oshin – Chef Bee)
Here is her session with us in the telegram community:
I would be sharing some of my effective meal prep & food storage tips for busy moms
Tips for effective meal plan:
- Keep meals simple
- pick out 5|10 of your family favourite and make sure you have the ingredients on ground
- Set out time in the evening to prep your meals for the Next day
Tips for storing vegetables:
- Wash, cut
- Blanch (parboil in hot water and then shock in cold water get rid of excess water)
- Cook from frozen. We can also do this with tubers: yam, sweet potatoes, Irish potatoes
Some people wrap greens like ugwu in paper then put in a bag and keep in the fridge.
On a final note, we know COVID has changed a lot of things for us, Lets try and not be penny wise pounds foolish:
- Limit your market runs; we now have people who provide this services, just tell them the soup they will prep your ingredients and deliver to you.
- Use left over soups
- Buy your meat, boil and save stock in empty water bottles in portions where you can use at once
- Invest in kitchen gadgets e.g. food processor, air-fryer
Please what I have a challenge with storage aside light issues, my hubby always want freshly prepared food. Please How do I go about it?